Friday, May 21, 2010

Sorry Pick' n Pay but if the shoe fits wear it


Old Fashioned Moan guys hopefully it will inspire some action

OK here goes this article was inspired by a fellow blogger's blog post and it got me to thinking about one of my pet peeves that I have been wanting to complain about for a while.

There is a Pick n Pay in Empangeni that is really terrible it has a terrible layout and pathetic staff who are about as helpful as wings on an Ostrich.

The meat section is disgusting absolutely no inspiration it has meat cuts in it that look like they were inspired from the movie "District Nine" and yes sometimes there is a rather nasty whiff coming from the butchery.

What is strange is that the Richards bay Pick n Pay a few Kilometers down the road has a great butchery section clean and free of smell and with some inspiring meat cuts that do not look as if they have come of a horror movie set.

The other annoying thing is that this month you can get the brand of soap or whatever you want and the next month it is out of stock and this happens regular as clock work.

I have shopped at pick n Pay for as long as I can remember but I am thinking its time for a change unless the powers that be wake up and realize that customers demand the best of products, service and staff. Guys wake up and get with the program some of your staff are rude and discourteous to the extreme.


As you can see I am not alone in my thinking so please comment below on this post whether you agree or disagree as I feel this is more prevalent in certain stores and areas as apposed to a company wide problem

9 comments:

  1. I have had the same experiances at Empangeni so I think you are right on target

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wayne been trying to complain about that pick n pay for a long time but it seems to be run like a tuck shop catering for poor locals

    Deleane Smit

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should twitter this till the PR machine takes note

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pickn Pay but you are right lately there is an air of arrogance amongst there staff I think its the union mentality that is starting to destroy them. The customer is no longer king rather the worker is now. Its like the egg or the chicken first? I think with a little work and serious training they can still win. Come on Pick n Pay go back to good old fashioned service its what built you in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this

    I do believe top / regional management will take cognizance of this. Social media provides for an powerful voice.

    I support you 100% on the quest to improve the sub-culture of service by so many 'big brands' in South Africa. Maybe they forgot what organic growth really mean.

    Regards,

    Vernon Chalmers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vernon

    You are so correct a lot of the big brands forget their roots and take their position for granted; sometimes they need a reminder of where they come from! Customers still have the power to make or break so yes-social media will play an ever-increasing role in branding and what you stand for

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was just me. I have complained numerous times to PnP Head office and they apologise but all I get from the local guys is a big fat FU. The other day I bought a couple of sausage rolls and the teller was scanning them and throwing them down the, 2 of them actually hit the printer behind her and when i complained all I got was a fu look.

    Vaughan

    ReplyDelete
  8. An update on the 02 of feb 2013 I was in the store when I saw a rather large rat scurrying under the shelves! Reported it to one of the managers who then told me they spend a fortune trying to get rid of them and that it is a problem both in Empangeni and Richardsbay! Yikes that was a little disturbing to say the least. Another observation near Christmas 2012 was they had specials and they would ring a bell to indicate such, however the staff would grab all the specials before the public (this occasion it was bags of crisps) it was ridiculous. I hate moaning all the time but guys get your house in order I rarely shop with you anymore because of your lack of attention to detail and the general public opinion in my area seems to agree that things have gone backward. I can however say the layout at the Empangeni branch has improved and that’s a step in the right direction…

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Update 16 of March
    Things are improving i went into the store it is cleaner more organised and the staff are definitely trying there best to be more courteous and helpful. Seems the rant is delivering results its been a long road but keep it up guys you will reap the rewards if your customers are happy ;0)

    ReplyDelete