Monday, May 24, 2010

Roxy Louw voted sexiest babe in the world by FHM readers

The 22-year-old Louw, who left her family in Cape Town to live in the surfing paradise of Durban, follows in the footsteps of her gal pals and previous winners, Tracy McGregor (winner in 2008) and Lyndall Jarvis (2009), who were on hand to congratulate her at the function in Johannesburg.

"I was actually in Durban with a friend when I found out I'd won, but of course I couldn't tell anyone until the official announcement. The worst part was having to keep it secret, because I was so overwhelmed and excited. But I told my mom first, and then later my dad, who, when he found out that I'd also won an LED 3D TV, celebrated because he plans to watch the Super14 final (Blue Bulls vs Stormers) [on the set].

"I used to keep pictures of Kerry McGregor and idolised her, so when I found out that over 2million people voted [for me], I freaked out because I'm now in the same category as her."

But Louw claims she will "always be a surfer chick", despite the new accolade.

Tracy McGregor told The Times that the girls "partied up a storm", following the announcement.

"Lyndall, Roxy and myself are all friends from Cape Town, so we're very proud and happy for her. We threw a party at this pretty loft in Joburg and we just spoiled her. It was fantastic."

Other beauties to win the title in the past include Lee-Ann Liebenberg, Minki van der Westhuizen, Tanya van Graan and Kerry McGregor.

The July issue of FHM with the complete list of the "sexiest women in the world", is already on sale.

Congratulations Roxy well done from Pessimist Incarnate and keep the boys smiling

1 comment: