Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We all like Coca Cola but did you Know?




Hiccup Cure: Peter C. from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada writes; "When I have the hiccups I take a good mouthful of Coke and gargle it. My hiccups are gone each and every time."


Movie Set Magic: Amy in Los Angeles, CA writes; "I'm a set dresser, when I can get the work. And in movies, if we're going to shoot a dance scene or a fight scene in a place that has potentially slippery floors, we mop the floor with Coke and let it sticky up for a few minutes before they do the scene. Then we don't have to worry about the actors slipping anymore!"


Colic Remedy: This remedy was sent in by Bonnie Soderqvist from Dalskog Sweden; "The best thing I ever found for colic when my boy was a bay was a hint from the doctor. Leave out a glass of warm coke and give it a stir now and then during the day so most of the bubbles are out by the time colic normally hits. Put it in the babies bottle and let him drink and burp like you normally would and the colic and tears will be gone. This works like a charm. I have passed this remedy on to many young mothers and it has worked every time. Make sure the coke is room temp. and use flat, regular Coca Cola (not diet). My doctor had 8 kids and brought home a case of coke with every baby."


Keep Your Tires Dirt Free: Lawrence, aka-Ldog, writes; "Back in the early 80's while showing my car in the Super Nationals car show I learned this fantastic tip from an older gentleman. First, wash and scrub your tires then dry off the rims. Then you just spray the Coca Cola (reg. not diet) onto your tires. Or, just use a rag dipped in the coke and rub onto your tires. Let dry and repeat. This will leave the tires black as can be and will not attract the dirt like all the other products out there. You have to try this before you believe it."


Doggy Paws??: Corey from N. Carolina writes; "I have two dogs that I exercise a lot. They attend performance event and sometimes their foot pads get worn down. When the pads become shiny it's time to soak them for 20 minutes in the glass bottled Coca Cola. It prevents them from getting bloody paw pads from too much wear, and makes the pads rough again. I don't know how it works, but it does."


Plump Raisins Tip for Cooking: Mary from Enfield, Middlesex, England writes; "When baking, if you need to "plump" raisins before adding to cakes and cookies, soak them in Coca Cola instead of water. Water leaches out the flavor of the raisins, but Coke adds a spiciness and intensifies the flavor."


Clean Burnt Pans Effortlessly: Carolyn from Nova Scotia, Canada writes; "I would like to share a slightly different 'cleaning' use. While watching "How Clean Is Your House" on TV recently (British show), the ladies cleaned a long-forgotten burnt saucepan simply by boiling some Coca Cola in it. A few weeks later my turnip boiled dry and the pan was quite encrusted in places. I recalled this show and since my son had some Coke on hand I decided to try it. True to their word, it worked like magic!"


Get a Tan?: Velma from Milwaukee writes; "I was in Mexico a couple of years ago and a lady saw me tanning outside the hotel and I just couldn't tan, she then said, " want a great tan"? Of course, " I said". She said buy some Coke, not diet coke, cherry coke or generic, just plain Coke and apply it over skin. Believe me, I did, and laid out for a while, I got up, and I had the best tan ever. It lasted for about 6-7 months. So, now I do it here in Milwaukee when it gets hot, I even use the coke in the tanning machines and it really works. And, no, bugs will not eat you. The coke dries in your skin and then your skin is silky. This is the best tanning lotion I have ever used."


Beautiful Curls: Gwendolen from the United Kingdom writes: "Pour a can of flat coke onto long hair and leave it in for a few minutes before washing thoroughly for perfectly separated curls! I didn't expect this to work, but it did!"


Antique Your Photos: This great tip was sent in by Gwen from Denver, PA; "I found this tip in the Women's World magazine and thought it would be a great addition to your Coca Cola page. To make a new photo look antique, just take a photo (make sure you have a second print of the photo in case you mess up!!) and soak it in Coca Cola. I just used a small brownie pan and poured in about 1/2 inch of Coca Cola. Then I put in the photo until it was covered with the cola. Just soak for a few minutes until you get the color that you want. Gently lift out the photo (careful not to touch the front with your fingers). Then gently pat dry with a soft lintless material. Or, drip dry. Then finish drying with a hair dryer.


Yummy Constipation Remedy: Verna Donnelly from Biloxi, MS sent in this great remedy; "For constipation, I used to take Caster oil or mineral oil. It always made me gag until I hit on this great recipe! Just take 1 to 3 Tablespoons of Caster or Mineral oil and mix in the blender with a cup or so of Coca Cola for a few moments. It tastes just like Cream Soda! You can't taste the yucky oil at all! This remedy is just for occasional use and if you are pregnant, do not use mineral oil, caster oil, or any other laxative without consulting your Doctor!"


Too Dark Dye Job: Lucy, from Dorset in England writes; "I went to the hairdressers today, and I asked her if there was anything that would strip dye from hair, or at least fade it (I have a thing for dying my hair you see) and she said that if you pour a bottle of diet coke (and diet coke only) over your hair, it helps fade dye and even remove it!


Gum in your Hair!: This tip was sent in by Linda from Texas; "Just take the gum coated hair and dip in a small bowl that has some Coca Cola in it. Let sit for just a few minutes and the gum will wipe right off."


The Navy uses Coke to help preserve it's submarines: Bill Ferris from Summerville, SC writes; "A retired enlisted sailor, I made 17 submarine patrols between 1975 and 1992. Subs normally stayed in the cooler, northern waters, but on one patrol we spent a great deal of time in the warmer, southern Atlantic. When we returned to port, our normally black hull was covered with a snowy, white film. It was apparently some type of marine animal or plant that thrived in the warmer water. Try as we might, we couldn't clean the film off to prepare the hull for routine preservation (Navy term for painting). Finally, one old salt suggested we try Coke syrup. We had a soda dispenser onboard, so we had access to gallons of the syrup. We poured it on the hull, let it sit for a few minutes, and easily brushed the growth off."


Interesting.... Jessie from Phoenix Az writes; "If you put a can of diet Coca Cola and a can of regular Coca Cola in a swimming pool..... the can of regular Coke will sink, but the can of Diet Coke will float!"


Clean Ancient Coins: An anonymous contributor writes; "I have a use for Coca Cola. We use it to clean ancient bronze coins. Badly corroded coins are first soaked in 100 percent lye for several weeks, then in the final stage, they are soaked in Coke and hand cleaned."


Silky Soft Skin: Brianna Fenn from Watertown, CT writes; "I have always had extremely dry skin. So has my mother. I've tried lots of different types of lotions, but they just don't leave my legs smooth like they should. I decided that I had enough of dry skin and I wanted it to stop, so I decided to try something new. I mixed a spoonful of regular coca-cola (not diet) with unscented lotion, and it worked! My legs were smoother than ever and was like that for days! It really works!! Hope it works for you, too!!"


Swimming Pool Tip!: Carol Ruby from Sweeny Texas writes; "I have well water and the last time I bought salt for my softener, I didn't buy the kind with the rust remover in it. I filled up my swimming pool and shocked it but my water turned brown because of the iron in it. I put two 2-liter bottles of coke in the water and the next day my pool was clear!"


Clean Tile Grout: By accident, I found the perfect grout cleaner for my tile floors! I spilled a can of Coca Cola on my kitchen floor. When I wiped it up, to my surprise the grout was as white as can be!


Something's Fishy in Kodiak, Alaska!: Joy from Seattle, WA writes; "In Kodiak, Alaska, at the local Laundromat, the staff charge an extra dollar per load of drop-off laundry to add Coke to your wash. It is the "only" thing I ever saw that got the stink of Halibut out of fishing clothes, and it even works on clothes that have been washed and dried - if you wash them again with Coke, the smell will come entirely out"

No comments:

Post a Comment